Facility Rental FAQs
Do you offer AV/tech support?
Does SPUR offer catering?
How do I arrange a site visit?
What are the dimensions of your elevator?
What does it cost to rent the Urban Center?
What’s included with my rental?
Do you have parking?
What is SPUR?
I’m interested in booking. What’s next?
May I deliver things to the building prior to my event?
Where can my vendors load/unload?
Is there a catering kitchen on site?
Am I required to use your vendors?
Can I serve alcoholic beverages?
Do I need insurance?
Do you allow open flame (sterno, chafing dishes, candles, etc.)?
Do my vendors need insurance?
I’m an individual without a company insurance policy. What should I do?
- Do you offer AV/tech support?Back to Top
SPUR does not have AV or tech support staff. The venue coordinator will provide a brief day-of tutorial, but you are responsible for the operation of all devices during your event. Hiring a dedicated tech is a great way to ensure a seamless AV experience. Please refer to our preferred vendors list and be sure to contact email@example.com to schedule a run-through prior to event day.
- Does SPUR offer catering?Back to Top
No. Please refer to our rental brochure for a list of preferred vendors.
- How do I arrange a site visit?Back to Top
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit. Drop-ins cannot be accommodated.
- What are the dimensions of your elevator?Back to Top
Exterior frame height = 6'10"
Interior height = 7'
Depth = 7'6"
Width = 5'3" (includes clearance for ADA rails)
- What does it cost to rent the Urban Center?Back to Top
Starting at $20,000 - based on (12) hours of service
Starting at $35,000 - based on (12) hours of service
Starting at $50,000 - based on (12) hours of service
Subject to availability - please inquire for rates
- Additional hours may be contracted, pending availability (inquire for rates)
- A 3-day rental minimum is required during citywide events, including but not limited to: GDC, RSA, VMworld, TechCrunch Disrupt, Dreamforce
- What’s included with my rental?Back to Top
- Exclusive use of the 1st, 2nd and 4th floor, up to (12) hours per day
- Day-of venue coordinator & janitorial service
- Guest WiFi network (10mbps) & house AV system
- 5-Ft. rolling tables & Herman Miller Caper chairs
- Do you have parking?Back to Top
Click here for information about nearby parking and public transit options.
- What is SPUR?Back to Top
The San Francisco Bay Area Planning and Urban Research Association (SPUR) is a registered 501(C)(3) nonprofit. Our public policy organization brings people together from across the political spectrum to develop solutions to the big problems cities face. We’re recognized as a leading civic planning organization and respected for our independent and holistic approach to urban issues. Click here to learn more.
- I’m interested in booking. What’s next?Back to Top
- Review our rental brochure and FAQ
- Submit an inquiry to email@example.com. Please be sure to include:
- Event date(s)
- Event start and end time, including any hours specifically required for load-in/out
- Guest count
- Preferred setup (i.e. theater, classroom, standing reception, etc.)
- Any additional details, constraints or special requests we should be aware of
- Request a hold
- This reserves your preferred date(s)/time(s) for up to 30 days, OR until another party challenges
- If your hold is challenged, you have 48 hours to contract or release the space
- Request a contract
- 50% Deposit due at time of contract signing
- 50% Balance due (30) days prior to your event
- May I deliver things to the building prior to my event?Back to Top
Unscheduled deliveries cannot be accepted and SPUR is not responsible for lost/stolen packages. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss delivery and storage options.
- Where can my vendors load/unload?Back to Top
The curb directly in front of SPUR is a bus-only/no parking zone. We suggest vendors park across the street or in nearby Annie Alley. SPUR does not have a loading zone – all vendors and guests must use the main entrance at 654 Mission Street.
- Is there a catering kitchen on site?Back to Top
No, but there is a catering prep space with access to electricity and running water on the building’s basement level.
- Am I required to use your vendors?Back to Top
You're welcome to work with the vendors of your choice. If they haven't already worked in our space, please contact email@example.com to set up a site visit prior to your event.
- Can I serve alcoholic beverages?Back to Top
Alcoholic beverages may only be served by vendors backed with a liquor license. SPUR and its rental clients must adhere to all state and federal laws pertaining to the service of alcoholic beverages. These include, but are not limited to:
- Alcohol may not be served to minors (i.e. guests under 21 years of age) at any time. Catering/bartending staff must ensure that no minors are drinking alcohol by appropriate means of identification set forth by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
- Catering/bartending staff must notify their managers when they observe a guest drinking irresponsibly and cease all alcoholic beverage service to said guest. (If such a situation occurs, the day-of venue coordinator should be notified immediately.)
- Do I need insurance?Back to Top
Yes. SPUR requires all rental clients to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI). Typically this can be obtained through a company policy. SPUR must be named as additionally insured for the date(s) of your event. Click here to view an example.
- Do you allow open flame (sterno, chafing dishes, candles, etc.)?Back to Top
SPUR does not allow open flame (including sterno) without a fire permit. Convection ovens are most commonly used, and anything electric is okay.
- Do my vendors need insurance?Back to Top
Yes. SPUR requires all vendors working in the space to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI). SPUR must be named as additionally insured for the date(s) of your event. Click here to view an example.
- I’m an individual without a company insurance policy. What should I do?Back to Top
Visit wedsure.com or contact your homeowner insurance provider.