The restaurant and retail sector in San Francisco has faced notable shifts but remains central to the region's economy and downtown revitalization. A thriving food and beverage scene draws visitors from the region and beyond, provides employment opportunities, and contributes to the social fabric of our cities. This discussion panel will discuss the many factors affecting the health of San Francisco’s restaurants, including operating challenges, construction patterns, preferred sizes and locations, lease strategies, landlord participation, and emerging culinary trends. Join us for a lively discussion and audience Q&A with two award-winning restaurateurs as well as an experienced builder, attorney, and retail broker to explore what it will take to support and expand restaurant businesses in the city.
- Moderator: Laura Waxmann / Reporter, SF Chronicle
- Stuart Brioza / Chef & Co-proprietor, State Bird Provisions Restaurant
- Colleen Booth / COO, Lazy Bear Restaurant
- Greg Alsterlind / Owner & President, Alsterlind Construction, Inc.
- Carolyn J. Tawasha / President, Carolyn J. Tawasha P.C.
- Catherine Meunier / Principal, Maven Commercial