- What’s the best way to support SPUR’s work and get involved?
- What does SPUR membership include?
- What’s a SPUR member number, and where can I find mine?
- Do I need to RSVP or register for the lunchtime forums?
- How do I register or buy tickets for an event?
- How can I get The Urbanist magazine?
- How do I decide which membership level is for me?
- Why have SPUR membership rates changed?
- How many designated members do we have on my company's business membership?
- What is the Business Breakfast series, and how can I receive invitations to these events?
- What sponsorship opportunities do you offer?
- What is the SPUR Urban Leaders Council?
- Who are the SPUR Benefactors?
- What is the SPUR Legacy Society?
- How do I update my contact information?
- Can I rent the SPUR Urban Center?
- Is SPUR a nonprofit and, if so, what is your tax ID number?
- Who can I contact for a W4?
- Does SPUR publish its IRS Form 990 and audited financials?
- Have a question that wasn’t answered here?
Become a member! Joining SPUR not only supports good government and good planning in the Bay Area, it's also the best way to receive current information on planning and public policy issues affecting our region. See the complete list of benefits and join today >>
Membership includes a year’s worth of The Urbanist, SPUR’s planning and public policy magazine, as well as invitations to hundreds of events each year. Members attend lunchtime forums for free and receive discounted admission to many other events. See the complete list of benefits and join today >>
Your member number is your membership account number, which you need in order to register for some SPUR events online. You can find your member number on your SPUR membership card, on e-mails sent to you from SPUR's development department and on renewal letters. You can also request that your member number be sent to you, and we will do our best to respond to your request within three business days.
No, but please visit the check-in table when you arrive. Forums are free to members, so be sure to bring your membership card or member number with you.
You can register on our events page. In most cases, you will need your member number (see above) in order to register at the member rate.
Become a SPUR member. All members receive The Urbanist in the mail. Join today >>
We encourage you to support us at whatever level you can. All SPUR membership levels include a sliding scale because your gift is fully tax deductible. Learn about the added benefits of higher levels of giving on our membership information page >>
To keep up with inflation, we increased our basic membership range to $75 - $249 as of April 1, 2012. This marks the first time in more than seven years that we have made any changes to our rates. We have done so in order to continue our ability to offer hundreds of public programs, special events, workshops and tours each year.
For a complete list of business membership levels and the number of corresponding designated members, see our business membership page.
Our Business Breakfasts are a series of talks by prominent business and civic leaders, political insiders and cultural luminaries. These events are a benefit of business membership, and invitations go out to business members. Read more about business membership or join as a business member >>
There are many opportunities throughout the year to support SPUR through corporate or individual sponsorship, including the Good Government Awards, the Dine + Discover benefit, the SPUR Member Parties, the Silver SPUR Awards luncheon and our Business Breakfast series. Contact email@example.com.
The Urban Leaders Council is SPUR’s major individual donor society, for those who provide core support for the work we do. Read more about the Urban Leaders Council >>
Benefactors are individuals who make a significant contribution in support of SPUR programs, as well as providing generous support through membership and event sponsorship. Benefactors are recongized through our artist-designed annual donor wall in the SPUR Urban Center, as well as in our annual report.
The Legacy Society is for those who support SPUR through a bequest, life income plan or by listing us as a beneficiary of a retirement account or other type of planned gift. For information and inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To update your address, email or phone number, contact us at email@example.com
Yes, we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and our tax ID number is 94-149-8232. Contributions to SPUR are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
For a W4 form, contact Terri Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us at email@example.com or 415-781-8726 x118.