Reports to: Director of Policy
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: Depending on experience
Through research, education and advocacy, SPUR promotes good planning and good government in the San Francisco Bay Area. We bring people together from across the political spectrum to develop solutions to the big problems cities face. With offices in San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland, we are recognized as a leading civic planning organization and respected for our independent and holistic approach to urban issues.
What you will do in this job
Executive Support to the Director of Policy
- Manage the calendar for Director of Policy, including organizing large meetings with many external participants
- Execute special projects on behalf of Director of Policy, including organizing convenings, and help with staff and volunteer recruitment.
- Attend various Policy Team staff meetings, keep notes and manage follow-ups
- Prepare communication for the Director of Policy, including but not limited to, letters, organizational updates and memos, articles, and internal and external presentations
- Help manage documents and files
- Build strong internal and external relationships with colleagues and collaborators
Executive Support to the Policy Team
- Provide scheduling support for 5 Policy Directors
- Support Policy Directors in organizing, convening, and managing task forces, workshops and other convenings
- Depending on experience/interest, there could be an opportunity to take on additional projects outside of the job description
Executive-level administrative experience
What you should be good at
- Problem-solving – you should be able to identify and resolve problems quickly and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Flexibility – you should be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and be able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability – shows up on time, responds to direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Interpersonal skills – you can maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit a willingness to try new things
- Oral communication – you can speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and present to groups
- Written communication – you can edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and be able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing – you can prioritize and plan work activities, and use time efficiently
- Quality control – you are accurate and thorough, and monitor your own work to ensure quality
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned. SPUR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.