Schedule: Temporary part-time; 10-20 hours per week for 5 weeks leading up to October 22.
Reports to: Director of Corporate Philanthropy
Location: San Francisco
SPUR is a membership-based nonprofit organization that brings people together to solve the big problems facing the cities of the Bay Area. With offices in San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland, we are recognized as a leading civic planning organization and respected for our independent and holistic approach to urban issues.
The SPUR development team are looking for highly organized temporary event co-ordinator to help with sponsor liaison and event planning for our signature annual event, the Silver SPUR Awards. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience working on one of the largest nonprofit events in San Francisco.
The awards will take place on Tuesday October 22, 2019 at Moscone Center South, San Francisco.
We are looking for someone who can commit to 10-20 hours per week for 5 weeks leading up to October 22. The co-ordinator should be available to dedicate a few hours per day for 4-5 days per week and attend the event.
• Receive and respond to sponsorship pledges
• Log all pledges in Salesforce
• Manage sponsor tracker document with updates on sponsor logos, exhibition boards and guest names
• Send invoices and sponsor confirmation emails
• Respond to questions from sponsors
• Update and check sponsor graphic for collateral and update on website weekly
• Contact sponsors to collate guest names
• Update and circulate sponsorship dashboard weekly
• Liaise with sponsors regarding exhibition display boards
• Receive and store exhibition display boards
• Support table planning meetings and logistics
• Produce and organize guest name badges
• Attend the event and assist with guest assistance area
Week of Sept 22 – 10 hours
Week of Sept 29 – 10 hours
Week of Oct 6 – 20 hours
Week of Oct 13 – 20 hours
Week of Oct 20 – 20 hours
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Excel
• Experience with Salesforce preferred
• Proven effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong attention to detail
Applicants should email their resume to Anna Nicholls, Director of Corporate Philanthropy, at email@example.com.