Corporate Relations Manager
SPUR is a nonprofit public policy organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. Through research, education and advocacy, SPUR works to create an equitable, sustainable and prosperous region, where all people thrive. We bring people together from across the political spectrum to develop solutions to the big problems cities face. With offices in San Francisco, San José and Oakland, we are recognized and respected for our independent and holistic approach to urban issues.
The Corporate Relations Manager (CRM) plays an integral role on SPUR’s development team. The CRM is responsible for ongoing and proactive relationship management, donor engagement, strategic communications, corporate gifts cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. The CRM will identify, qualify, be assigned, cultivate, solicit, steward, and engage corporate donors and prospects.
1. Sustain and grow corporate revenue
- Under the guidance of the Director of Institutional Giving, implement strategies for achieving corporate revenue targets for membership, events and program-specific initiatives
- Secure timely business membership renewals for a portfolio of approximately 100 accounts
- Work collaboratively with the development and engagement teams to identify and secure corporate and foundation sponsors for signature events such as the Silver SPUR Awards to meet fundraising goals
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective corporate donors
- Maintain meaningful relationships and dialogue with assigned accounts
- Stay informed of SPUR’s policy and advocacy work
- Travel to San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose as needed to engage donors
- Under supervision of the Chief Development Officer and the Director of Institutional Giving, work with SPUR’s Board of Directors to facilitate corporate fundraising activities
- Collaborate closely with the Engagement team to identify and/or develop programming and business events with sponsorship potential
- Secure sponsors for business events and public programming
2. Utilize events to engage, steward and cultivate corporate partners
- Collaborate closely with the Engagement team to ideate and coordinate business engagement events, affinity groups, and ad hoc special receptions and convenings) that provide positive touch-points for corporate partners
- Identify strategic engagement opportunities for portfolio of accounts
- Participate in industry networking events and activities
3. Administrative duties
- Input donor contact reports into Salesforce on a regular basis
- Execute some aspects of corporate membership renewals and event sponsorships, including entering pledges into Salesforce, tracking responses, creating and sending proposals in a timely manner, and work with the finance associate to deliver invoices and follow up on pledges and other tasks necessary to fulfill their commitments to SPUR
- Update Excel spreadsheets for business and event pledges and payments
- Assist with weekly and monthly contribution report reconciliation
- Manage incoming inquiries from business members and delegate follow-up to appropriate team members
- Track event registration and attendance
- Assist with post-event follow up
4. Support SPUR’s other development streams
- Collaborate closely with the chief development officer, director of institutional giving, and the major gifts officer to identify individuals or foundations with interest and capacity to invest in SPUR’s mission
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in successfully soliciting funds
- A passion for cities, public policy, and the San Francisco Bay Area
- Ability to build strong relationships with many different kinds of people
- High levels of organization and self-direction
- Tactfulness and excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar databases and Excel
- Ability to attend events in the mornings or evenings at least once a week.
- Ability to travel to San Francisco on Mondays and other regional offices as needed
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with enthusiasm and humor
The salary range for this position is $80,000-90,000 depending on experience. This is a full-time, exempt position. SPUR offers a complete benefits package of health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, basic life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and retirement plan with twenty-five percent contribution matching.
Hybrid Work Environment
At SPUR the health of our employees and their families is our top priority. SPUR has a hybrid workplace model defined by a combination of remote and in-person work. We have mandatory all staff in-person days on Monday and Wednesday and staff may be required to attend other in-person meetings, events and programs as needed. All policies are subject to change as relevant health orders change.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Applicants should apply by submitting their materials to this link. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SPUR is an equal opportunity employer with a strong organizational commitment to respecting differences of all kinds. SPUR prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation or disability or any other basis prohibited by law. In that spirit, we strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ applicants and others that will contribute to the diversity of our staff.
Applicants With Disabilities
Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned.