Corporate Relations Manager
SPUR is a nonprofit public policy organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. Through research, education and advocacy, SPUR works to create an equitable, sustainable and prosperous region, where all people thrive. We bring people together from across the political spectrum to develop solutions to the big problems cities face. With offices in San Francisco, San José and Oakland, we are recognized as and respected for our independent and holistic approach to urban issues.
The Corporate Relations Manager (CRM) plays an integral role on SPUR’s development team. The CRM is responsible for ongoing and proactive relationship management, strategic communications, corporate gifts cultivation and solicitation. The CRM will identify, qualify, be assigned, cultivate, solicit, steward, and engage corporate donors and prospects.
Sustain and grow corporate revenue
- Under the guidance of the Director of Corporate Philanthropy and Membership, implement strategies for achieving corporate revenue targets of ~$1.5M
- Secure timely business membership renewals for a portfolio of approximately 150 accounts
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective corporate donors
- Stay informed of SPUR’s policy and advocacy work to maintain meaningful relationships and dialogue with assigned accounts
- Travel to San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose as needed to engage donors
- Under supervision of the Chief Development Officer and the Director of Corporate Philanthropy and Membership, work with SPUR’s Board of Directors to facilitate corporate fundraising activities
- Collaborate with city directors and policy staff to build relationships with corporate prospects and members
- Work collaboratively with the development team to identify and secure corporate sponsors for business events and special events such as the Silver SPUR Awards and Ideas + Action to meet fundraising goals of ~$1M
- Collaborate closely with SPUR’s public engagement team to identify public programming events with sponsorship potential
- Participate in industry networking events and activities
Manage business stewardship events and affinity groups
- Ideate and coordinate monthly business stewardship events in partnership with the development and public engagement teams
- Collaborate closely with affinity group co-chairs to develop relevant monthly and/or quarterly content for membership retention
- Partner with public engagement staff on event logistics
- Identify and cultivate qualified prospects for affinity groups
- Execute all aspects of corporate membership renewals and event sponsorships, including entering pledges into Salesforce, tracking responses, creating and sending proposals, invoices, and thank you letters in a timely manner, and other tasks necessary to fulfill their commitments to SPUR
- Assist with weekly and monthly contribution report reconciliation
- Input donor contact reports into Salesforce on a regular basis
- Manage incoming inquiries from business members and delegate follow-up to appropriate team members
- Communicate and track benefits for event sponsors
- In partnership with public engagement staff, create and send event invitations and track event registration and attendance
- Assist with post-event follow up
Support the development team
- Collaborate closely with the development team to recognize individuals or foundations with interest and capacity to invest in SPUR’s mission
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in successfully soliciting funds
- A passion for cities, public policy, and the San Francisco Bay Area
- Ability to build strong relationships with a diverse range of people and industries with a particular emphasis on San Jose and San Francisco
- High levels of organization and self-direction
- Tactfulness and excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar databases
- Ability to attend events in the mornings or evenings at least once a week.
- Ability to travel to the Urban Center in San Francisco once a week and other SPUR offices as needed.
Salary and Benefits
The salary band is $75,000 - $85,000. This is a full-time, exempt position. SPUR offers a complete benefits package of health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, basic life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and retirement plan with twenty-five percent contribution matching.
Applicants should apply by submitting their resume and cover letter to this link: https://airtable.com/shrqIthPwHwNYIXTm.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so assigned.
SPUR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.