SPUR is a nonprofit public policy organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. Through research, education and advocacy, SPUR works to create an equitable, sustainable and prosperous region. We bring people together from across the political spectrum to develop solutions to the big problems cities face. With a presence in San Francisco, San José and Oakland, we are recognized as a leading civic planning organization and respected for our independent and holistic approach to urban issues.
SPUR seeks candidates for the position of Board Liaison, a member of the Local Impact team. The Local Impact team implements SPUR’s vision for change and ensures that it is informed by local context. The team includes the City Directors in San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland, Planning Managers and a Policy Associate. The Board Liaison will be a critical member of this team, supporting the City Directors and serving as the main point of contact to all SPUR board members and local partners. This position will report to the San Francisco City Director.
- Serve as primary liaison for San Francisco, San José, and Oakland Board of Directors, including, but not limited to;
- Schedule, prepare agendas, meeting packets and all logistics for in-person and remote board meetings
- Take minutes and keep records of board meeting minutes and activity
- Support the annual board nominations process
- Conduct and compile data from the annual board survey.
- Plan board events and assist in planning the annual Board Retreat
- Ensure board contact information is up to date (board roster, Salesforce, website, email list, Google calendar)
- Provide administrative and scheduling support to the City Directors
- Compose draft correspondence and content for presentations and meetings
- Support the development team with stakeholder engagement and business stewardship meetings/events, as requested
- Attend policy board meetings and take minutes, as needed
- Provide support to the Local Impact Policy Associate, as needed
- Support the Voter Guide process
- Participate as a key member of SPUR’s Operations team and support staff events as needed
- Support other ad hoc projects
- Strong organizational skills; effectively prioritizes work activities, manages competing demands and uses time efficiently.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong communicator, both orally and written.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
The salary range for this position is $62,400-$72,000 and will be based on experience and commensurate with skills and qualifications. This is a full-time, exempt position. SPUR offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, basic life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, work from home stipend, employee assistance program (EAP) and retirement plan with twenty-five percent contribution matching.
Hybrid Work Environment
At SPUR the health of our employees and their families is our top priority. SPUR has a hybrid workplace model defined by a combination of remote and in-person work. We have mandatory all staff in-person days on Monday and staff may be required to attend other in-person meetings, events and programs as needed. All policies are subject to change as relevant health orders change.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
SPUR employees are required to confidentially show proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination to HR as a condition of employment. If the employee is entitled to a medical related reasonable accommodation or a sincerely held religious belief or practice, then the employee is exempt from the vaccine requirement and reasonable accommodations will be considered and made available if there is not an undue hardship incurred in order to provide it.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Applicants should apply by submitting their materials to this link.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SPUR is an equal opportunity employer with a strong organizational commitment to respecting differences of all kinds. SPUR prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation or disability or any other basis prohibited by law. In that spirit, we strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ applicants and others that will contribute to the diversity of our staff.
Applicants With Disabilities
Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned.