- What’s the best way to support SPUR’s work and get involved?
- What does SPUR membership include?
- What’s a SPUR member number, and where can I find mine?
- Do I need to RSVP or register for the lunchtime forums?
- How do I register or buy tickets for an event?
- How can I get The Urbanist magazine?
- How do I decide which membership level is for me?
- Why have SPUR membership rates changed?
- What happened to the Young Urbanist membership category?
- I was a Young Urbanist under the previous structure. How do I renew?
- What are the Young Urbanists?
- How many designated members do we have on my company's business membership?
- What is the Business Breakfast Series, and how can I receive invitations to these events?
- What sponsorship opportunities do you offer?
- What is the SPUR Urban Leaders Forum?
- Who are the SPUR Benefactors?
- What is the SPUR Legacy Society?
- How do I update my contact information?
- Can I rent the SPUR Urban Center?
- Is SPUR a nonprofit and if so, what is your tax ID number?
- Who can I contact for a W4?
- Have a question that wasn’t answered here?
Your member number is your membership account number, which you need in order to register for some SPUR events online. You can find your member number on your SPUR membership card, on e-mails sent to you from SPUR's development department and on renewal letters. You can also request that your member number be sent to you, and we will do our best to respond to your request within three business days.
No, but please visit the check-in table when you arrive. Forums are free to members, so be sure to bring your membership card or member number with you.
We encourage you to support us at whatever level you can. All SPUR membership levels include a sliding scale because your gift is fully tax deductible. Learn about the added benefits of higher levels of giving on our membership information page >>
To keep up with inflation, we increased our basic membership range to $75 - $249 as of April 1, 2012. This marks the first time in more than seven years that we have made any changes to our rates. We have done so in order to continue our ability to offer hundreds of public programs, special events, workshops and tours each year.
We have eliminated the group's affiliation with a price structure. Now any member under 40 can be a part of the Young Urbanists for no additional cost. Join at any level and then select the Young Urbanist check box. Join today >>
Young Urbanists are SPUR members under 40 dedicated to promoting better cities and cultivating support for SPUR. They receive invitations to special evening events like Ballots and Brews as well as networking opportunities, workshops, tours and more. To become a Young Urbanist, simply join SPUR as a member at any level and check the Young Urbanist check box. If you are already a member, send an e-mail email@example.com requesting to join the Young Urbanists. Join today >>
Business Breakfast events happen monthly or bi-monthly and include talks by prominent business and civic leaders, political insiders and cultural luminaries. These breakfasts are a benefit of business membership, and invitations go out to business members. Read more about business membership or join as a business member >>
There are many opportunities throughout the year to support SPUR through corporate or individual sponsorship, including the Good Government Awards, the Dine + Discover benefit, the SPUR Member Party, the Silver SPUR Awards luncheon and ourBusiness Breakfast Series. Contact Vanessa Bilanceri, Corporate Relations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.781.8726 x121.
Benefactors are individuals who make a significant contribution in support of SPUR programs, as well as providing generous support through membership and event sponsorship. Benefactors are recongized through our artist-designed annual donor wall in the SPUR Urban Center, as well as in our annual report.
Yes, SPUR is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and its tax ID number is 94-149-8232. Contributions to SPUR are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.