Our job at SPUR is to bring people together to come up with practical solutions to the most pressing urban issues. Now is a perfect time to take stock of all the great things that have happened this year, with your help:
- San Francisco adopted a mandatory earthquake retrofit law, culminating more than a decade of research and advocacy by SPUR.
- The San Francisco neighborhood plans SPUR worked on for more than a decade went into construction, bringing housing opportunities, neighborhood stores and great new architecture to former parking lots and gas stations.
- SPUR worked behind the scenes to shape Plan Bay Area, the plan our region passed in order to implement the state’s climate change strategy.
- SPUR San Jose did path-breaking work on the future of the corporate campus, working closely with leading Silicon Valley companies to rethink how and where the technology sector builds its workplaces.
- We published major reports on tearing down the last quarter mile of I-280, the region’s long-term water supply and planning for disaster resiliency.
We have a lot more to do in 2014, and we need your help. I hope you will consider making a contribution to SPUR at this year end. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Become a Member >>
Becoming a member of SPUR is the best way to support our efforts to create ideas and action for a better city.
- Make a Year-End Gift >>
If you’re already a member or are unable to join today, you can still support our research, education and advocacy programs.
We are grateful for your participation in our community of urbanists, and our work would not be possible without your support.