The San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association (SPUR) is one of North America’s preeminent urban planning and public policy organizations. Through research, advocacy and public education, SPUR promotes good planning and good government. SPUR is a member-supported nonprofit organization.
Hours per week: Flexible, but 10 hours a week preferred
Commitment: 3+ months
Reports to: Development Director
- Generate confirmations, invoices, thank-you letters, RSVP lists, reports; handle follow-up correspondence
- Assist with high-level volunteer event committee meetings and communication
- Assemble packets, envelopes, invitations
Event logistics and day-of coordination
- Prepare by performing inventory and gathering supplies
- Lead volunteers on event day by assigning tasks and providing support
- Setup boards, registration, and decorations at events
Other duties as assigned
- Communicate with vendors
- Handling phone calls and e-mails
- Management of special projects and research opportunities
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Interest in cities, public policy and urban issues.
- Office Skills, preferably knowledge of Word and Excel to mail merge, and database experience
- Familiarity with online databases (eTapestry, Salesforce etc.)
- Strong communications skills, both verbally and in writing
- Copywriting and copyediting experience
- Experience with managing multichannel marketing campaigns (social media, print, email) with measured results
- Ability to independently manage workflow but also thrive in a team environment
- Ability to lead volunteers
- Ability to comfortably lift 30 lbs.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to Briana Bixby, Research & Volunteer Coordinator, with the job title in the subject line, at firstname.lastname@example.org.